We Are Many is a documentary about the never-before-told story of the biggest protest in history, on 15 February 2003, and its legacy, through the Arab Spring to the Occupy Movement. The day that saw an estimated 30 million people in over 700 cities around the world, gave birth to a new global social movement.
What we are witnessing around the world today with the 99%in America, the Indignados in Spain, UK Uncut, the Arab Spring, is directly linked to what took place on February 15 2003. From Wall Street to Wisconsin, from Madrid to Athens, and all across the Middle East, people are rising up to make their voices heard. This is a story of anger, passion and remarkable people striving for justice and democracy. It’s a story of huge change happening in our time.
Support the Project at:
A Documentary project in London, United Kingdom
WHO’S BACKING US?
- Ken Loach – World-renowned film director is a Patron of the project
- Danny Glover – Actor and activist is a Patron of the project
- Brian Eno
- Jesse Jackson
- Richard O’Brien – Writer of the Rocky Horror Show
- Medea Benjamin – Code Pink
- Mark Rylance – British Actor
- Lindsay German – Stop The War Coalition
- Tariq Ali
- Ricken Patel – Co-founder of Avaaz
- Leslie Cagan – United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ)
- Harry Belafonte
- Noam Chomsky
- Tim Robbins – Actor
- Arundhati Roy – Author
- Oliver Stone – Oscar-winning Film Director, Producer and Screenwriter